I remember the day you were born, the moment I held you up to me and our eyes met for the first time as you took your first breath all pink and chubby with squashy puffed cheeks and rosebud lips. I fell instantly in love. How I'd always dreamed of you and now you were here in my arms...My beautiful little baby girl.
So if you read this in years to come...these are the things you might like to know about who you were on that special day, your first day of school.
- Your name is Grace Elizabeth but you often prefer to be addressed as 'India Russia Elizabeth'
- Although your 4th birthday party was a 'Rapunzel' party and your favourite colour is pink, you don't want to do ballet because it's 'too girly'.
- When you turn 5 you've requested a 'Rock & Roll' party and can often be seen sticking your tongue out while making devil horns as you head bang to 'rock & roll' songs in the car.
- You are kind and generous beyond words and once gave me your last chocolate button 'because you loved me'.
- You are mainly gentle but you are also fierce and are not afraid to dish out an arm bar, knee drop or flying karate kick if your big brother teases you.
- You are creative. You love to colour and draw.
- You are scared of the dark.
- You talk in your sleep.
- You often sneak into my bed in the middle of the night.
- You love to help me.
- You love to cuddle up.
- When you are a grown up you want to marry 'Alex'.
- You are sensitive but you are strong.
- I asked you what you would like to be when you are older and you said you wanted to be 'yourself'....
These are the things I think of when I think of you. Thank you for all the joy you've brought me over the last 4 years my darling and now it's time for your world to open to bright new beginnings, new friendships, new possibilities and new adventures....I hope you are dazzled by what you find. :)
Now what shall we do with you....?!!